Nov 17, 2012

My Ghostly Affairs-2


“True Story”-Barney Stinson (after reading this)

Incident two:

            10th standard now. Finally got out of the habit of wetting the bed. One such night I felt the urge to discharge the stock and went to bathroom. Don’t worry, nothing was in the bathroom. After finishing the business I returned to my work location i.e the hall where I slept. Let me help you get the picture of the hall. It’s a huge hall with a table at either end. One table lies near the bathroom area where I went. Along the other table we used to spread two bed sheets for my sister and I to sleep. Getting the picture?

            Now when I entered the hall I saw a figure standing right on my bed sheet turned towards that table. My first reaction was shock and a mini heart attack. I took a few steps back in terror. I wasn’t wearing my glasses ( I’m not blind without them though) so in the light of the night lamp I could see a white baniyan(vest) and a lungi but no face since he was turned towards the other table. It should be my dad or my grandpa, I thought. From the shape I decided it’s my dad.

            Sighing a relief I wondered what he was doing here in the middle of the night. As my sleepiness faded I realized he must have come for water that we used to keep on that table. Now thirst is something like a yawn. We see someone drinking and we suddenly realize we need water too. Instinctively, I checked on my right to the nearest table to see if it has jug of water. Nothing was there.  So I turned towards my dad, opening my mouth to ask for water. Nothing was there too. No water, no dad. My mouth was still open but nothing came out. And just so I’m clear, in case you have any doubt, I turned and looked too quick for my dad to run and hide in his room. And my dad doesn’t have a super power of invisibility also, so that’s not an explanation either (hmmm).

            I didn’t know what to do. It was pointless to keep standing there. So I went and lied down on the very spot where I had just seen someone/something standing. I can make myself believe that the first incident was just a cat (a huge white clothed cat) but this I’m not sure to this day. But thank god it happened AFTER I went to the bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. I think once again u washed your bed machi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No da.. I just came out of the bed right?

      Delete

Any comments?