Nov 17, 2012

My Ghostly Affairs-1


“Things aren’t always what they seem”

Paranormal activities are actually pretty Normal these days. We hear of them everyday. Ghosts recorded on tape, pictures, recorded voices. Poor ghosts can’t turn a corner for privacy, without getting caught on a security camera. Poor souls, literally. They scream in fear when they see us, which in turn makes us scream in fear and the chain goes on.

“Have you seen a human? God, their scream takes the death out of me”-said one ghost to another

Nothing completes a night camp without some spooky stories. We even have a few experiences of our own. What we don’t understand, we call paranormal. Until science explains these manifestations, let’s have some fun and get scared witless.
I’m going to reminisce some of my paranormal encounters. They are long so I have to narrate them one by one. If you have some, please comment.

Incident one:

            I was in 8th standard. My cousin and I were playing hide and seek with the girl downstairs. It was my turn to ‘seek’ so I started counting to 100 while they went and hid. My cousin had a poor choice of hiding spot, as obvious as finding Obama (where is he? In the freaking white house). So I found him pretty easily and we both started looking for the girl (who was like Osama in hiding). I know he shouldn’t help me but he had nothing else to do and was happy to help me “finish it of the game!”

            Our last point of search was her home. Her mom was walking outside so we figured she’ll be alone in her home. We looked inside through the window. It was late evening and there was no electricity (power cut was common in tamilnadu even at those times). In the darkness, we saw the girl crawling quickly left to right in the far end of the bedroom (small portion of the bedroom was visible from here). From the direction she went I could guess that she was hiding beneath the bed. We locked the house from the outside and giggled like girls. I thought we’ll give her a scare in the dark.

            As we were looking through the window, waiting for her to feel uncomfortable and come out only to find the door locked and freak out, someone tapped on my shoulder. It was her, standing behind me asking “Are you guys still playing that game? Mom asked me to go buy some stuffs so I went to the shop”. Now it was our turn to freak out. We looked at the lock on the door, then her, then the lock, then again her. But without any emotion on our face, like gentlemen we bid farewell and went upstairs to our home, looked at each other blankly and thought “what is this witchcraft?”

            Needless to say we had to wash our pants later.

2 comments:

Any comments?