Oct 19, 2012

Hopelessly in Love


I think of you every morning,
Each and every day that I start;
Caring not for what this might bring,
Hopelessly in love, I gave you my heart;

Through your fingers, exquisite yet careless,
My love struck heart, it slipped, it fell;
It broke, shattered into pieces so formless,
Count of which I couldn't tell;

So I picked up every piece, every bit,
Consequences of my lovely affair;
Perhaps I should've pasted a note on it,
Clearly saying 'handle with care';

Sewed it, glued it, all the pieces intricately tiled,
I placed it, back upon your palm;
You let it go like an unsure child,
No guilt whatsoever, no regret, no qualm;


Being clumsy, this risk you're not ready to take,
But I so wish you would try;
You’re afraid of where this might take,
You’ve been hurt before, but so have I;

I hope someday you'll love me,
I hope someday you'll care;
But if and when that day does come,
I hope I'm not broken beyond repair;
                                                        -GBK
/*
Disclaimer-
I've never really written a poem before(except that one time in primary school), so mercy :)..
and for any feedback you give, merci merci merci :).. (well that was poetic)
*/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?