Jun 18, 2016

A Step Out Of Motherland


My carriage comes to a jolting halt. I’m finally here! As I look outside at my homeland I’m overcome with this forlorn craving to belong with her. But I’m here on a mission, it makes me think if I’ll ever be home. In this night the sky appears darker and the moon brighter than ever. My people are waiting for me to go out and address them. Taking a deep breath I open the door and step out speaking those well prepared words, “That’s one small step for a man…”



------

This was my entry for a competition in our organization blog. The rules were-

·       Write a story/poem/song in English in less than 90 words with the core concept ‘love’.
·       Restrict your narrative forms to ‘folk tale’ or ‘historic fiction’. The characters could be real (ex: Ashoka the emperor) or imaginary (ex: Shylock from Merchant of Venice)
·       The narrative style should be first person singular/plural.
·       make sure you use the words ‘makes’ ‘me’ ‘think’ in singular/ plural or any tense as a tribute to MMT

So how did you like it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments?